In Tasmania, the NDIS is being introduced by age group. This means that you will be able to enter the Scheme depending on your age.
The NDIS is currently available to eligible people aged between 4 and 34 years.
- From 1 July 2018, the NDIS will be available for children, aged 0 to 3, and adults aged 35 to 49.
By 1 July 2019, the NDIS will be available to all eligible Tasmanians.
The NDIS aim to:
- – Raise community awareness and encourage greater inclusion
- – Support service providers to build capacity and be part of the scheme.
- – Improve access to mainstream services, community activities and other government initiatives.
- – Provide resources for individualised services, supports and equipment.
NDIS registered services and supports can be found throughout each category on the Finding Your Way website.
In the NDIS section you will Find the local agency and some unique to NDIS registered Services, such as Plan Managers and people that assist parents and carers and people with disability to manage and coordinate their supports. You will also Find information in the Resource section to assist you to navigate your way in this scheme.
NDIS resources for families with children are freely available on the Raising Children Network website.
If you require access to disability services and supports and resources and your family member is not aged 4-34 click on the Disability Specialist Tab and access information about Gateway Services in Tasmania.