Come back to this page soon, new content is being uploaded daily!
You’re interested in...
Worried about the development of your child
Development is the process by which your baby changes, grows and adapts to her environment. Development typically occurs in stages, and doctors use markers called milestones to measure a child’s growth. It is natural to be concerned if your child does not seem to be developing in the way other children are, however it is important to remember that all babies develop at different rates, and that support and intervention can often help young children to develop. It is a good idea to speak to your doctor or child health nurse if your baby:
- has cloudy eyes or does not focus on you;
- does not respond to sounds;
- cannot hold his head up by 4 months;
- cannot sit up by herself by 10 months;
- cannot stand by holding onto something by 12 months.